Facilitative Leadership Workshop
A leader is best when people barely know he exists, when his work is done, his aim fulfilled, they will say: we did it ourselves.
- Date: April 18, 2017
- Time: 1:00 - 5:00 pm
- Location: Colorado Latino Leadership, Advocacy, & Research Office
- 4755 Paris St #300, Denver, CO 80239
Traditional leadership relies on a top-down approach where one person leads and others fall in line behind them. Our rapidly changing times call for a different approach. For our organizations to thrive, we need systems of leadership that engage people differently and create a sense of safety, satisfaction, and belonging for all involved.
A Facilitative Leader leads the group, not through the power of their title, but rather, brings about desired outcomes through guidance, support, and skillfulness.
Facilitative Leadership involves the practices of:
- Self awareness and understanding where we have strengths and where we struggle
- Deep listening in order to understand people’s needs
- Understanding “leadership ecosystems”
- Learning to trust and value the wisdom created by the group
- Empowering people to fully step into their own role in the leadership ecosystem
- Understand what facilitative leadership is and what possible when we employ it
- Differentiate between traditional leadership and facilitative leadership and how and when we benefit from using facilitative leadership
- Deepen our understanding ourselves, our default leadership styles, and our strengths and struggles so that we can be more effective
- Understand the “leadership ecosystem”, how all parts of of that system have value and and how to facilitate the power of a system functioning at its best
- Develop strategies for providing a sense of safety, satisfaction and belonging to all involved in the organization
- Provide concrete tools that can be employed in the leader’s everyday lives
A collaborative endeavor between Evolving Alternatives and Connected Realities www.ConnectedRealities.com
Register at: EventBrite.com